Raze Network is a cross-chain privacy protocol for the Polkadot ecosystem. Built as a native privacy layer, it can provide end-to-end anonymity for the entire DeFi and Web3.0 stack. The Network applies zkSNARKs to the Zether framework to build a second-layer decentralized anonymous module. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge” and it refers to a proof construction proving possession of certain information. These proofs allow a user to validate its statement without explicitly sharing the validity of the statement itself.
The objective of Raze Network is to enable cross-chain privacy-preserving payment and trading systems. This will help protect the transparency of assets and behaviours from surveillance.
How does the network work?
The fundamental logic of RAZE network is to mint private tokens form base tokens on the contract. The minting ratio would be 1:1. Here, zkSNARKs will play an important role in maintaining anonymity and provide the required information for data parsing.
The network has three technical abilities:
- Mint – This will convert any token into an anonymized version of itself.
- Redeem – This will convert the anonymized token back into its native form.
- Transfer – This enables the transfer of token in an anonymous manner. Anonymity of sender and receiver will be maintained.
The network has four products on offer:
- Users can use RAZE to transfer tokens in an anonymous manner and empower the privacy of on-chain transactions.
- The trading history is hidden since RAZE is compatible across all DeFi ecosystems like Uniswap, AAVE and compound.
- Users can mine RAZE and their liquidity pool always remains anonymous and secure.
- Through RazeVM integration, Builders can implement functions focusing privacy with an open protocol giving access to all DApps.
Raze network has its own token called the RAZE token. With this token, a user can perform various actions:
- Governance and Voting – RAZE token holders can create and vote for proposals.
- Intermediary of Exchange – RAZE token can be used for different services in the ecosystem.
- Token Burning – A part of transaction fees is burned in the form of RAZE tokens.
- Liquidity Rewards – The market makers will provide liquidity in pools rewarded by the RAZE token.
The token also allows users to move between applications or blockchains seamlessly without any trace or trading history.
There are a total of 120 million RAZE tokens, with the distribution plan as following:
- Seed Sale – 6.0%
- Private Sale – 14.0%
- Public Sale – 3.5%
- Liquidity Reward – 40.0%
- Operational Reserve – 15.0%
- Vault – 8.5%
- Team – 10.0%
- Advisors – 3.0%
At seed sale, 10% of the tokens allotted to the sale will be generated at the event. Rest will be monthly vested for 9 months, a month after listing the token. At private sale, 12.5% of the tokens will be generated at the event with a monthly vesting for 9 months starting one month after listing the token.
As far as Public sale goes, all the tokens will be generated at the event and no vesting period would be present. For operational reserve, 15% tokens will be generated at the event and monthly vesting would be for 24 months. The team and advisors’ tokens will be locked for a 9 and 3 months respectively with monthly vesting for 12 months and 9 months respectively.
The network had a seed round fundraising and a number of companies took keen interest in the network. Some of those companies backing RAZE network are:
- ✈️ SigNum Capital – A Singapore-based firm exclusively consulting in Blockchain-enabled companies.
- 🚁 AU21 Capital – A firm primarily focus on backing the brilliant minds in the blockchain industry. Spawning a hybrid venture and a hedge fund that invests in high-growth blockchain and AI companies.
- ⛵️ Spark Digital Capital – A research-focused crypto fund that invests in the future of blockchain and tech.
- 🐳 Moonwhale – A firm providing Blockchain projects with financial and technical support through institutions and commerce across Asia.
The team is also backed by strategic investors like Signum Capital, Master Ventures, CMS, etcetera.
The project was established in the third quarter of last year and the process of drafting the whitepaper happened just after that (fourth quarter). An official whitepaper is expected in this quarter and their website is live although it isn’t as detailed as of now. Token and DApp’s Source code will be available by the next quarter and the product launch is expected in the third quarter of this year. Moving head with implementing bridge to other DeFi protocols as well as integrating more customized functions expected in the last quarter of 2021.
For more details, You can hover up to their official website: RAZE Network