Amidst all the explosion and tremendous reception in the NFT world, Polaris, a company managing the rights of some of the world’s top footballers, has announced the launch of 10 NFTs linked to 10 football stars. These NFTs will be available from 6 June on the Zilliqa marketplace.
The NFTs will be linked to the following football stars:
- Diego Costa: former Chelsea and Atlético Madrid striker
- James Rodríguez: Everton F.C, and Colombia national team midfielder
- Pepe: Porto team captain and Portugal national team centre-back
- Keylor Navas: Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper
- Radamel “El Tigre” Falcao: Galatasaray forward and Colombia national team captain
- Diogo Jota: Liverpool F.C., and Portugal national team forward
- João Félix: Atlético Madrid and Portugal national team forward
- Raúl Jiménez: Wolverhampton Wanderers and Mexico national team forward
- Renato Sanches: Lille, and Portugal national team midfielder
- Rúben Dias: Manchester City F.C. and Portugal national team centre-back.
These NFTs will be available as an Individual Player Pack at a price of $3,500 each. Colour options available would be gold, copper and steel, with 111 packs per colour. Each player will have 333 NFTs. Users buying the NFTs will also receive gadgets signed by the player to whom the NFT refer to.
For those ‘FOMO’ users, a “Superpack” option will also be available. The pack will include all 10 player NFTs and an autographed NFT card at $20,000. The case will also have all the colour variants for 333 copies totalling 999 pieces. Users buying this special NFT will also get a chance to virtually meet three players and receive autographed jerseys from all the 10 footballers.
On this occasion, Amrit Kumar, president and chief scientific officer of Zilliqa, said:
“This joint endeavour with Polaris is a critical milestone for Zilliqa as we cement our position in the NFT space. Despite the challenges of collaborating from afar, we’re so thrilled to be bringing NFTs to ‘the beautiful game’. Enabled not only by their passion for football, we also want to recognize the players’ commitment to their fans that made it possible to reinvigorate the fan experience with these special collectibles.”